Posted On : 14 Jun, 2022
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Position: MEAL Officer*
in - N/A -
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be - N/A -, COUNTRY.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Malawi is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability (MEAL) Officer for a WASH Systems Strengthening project in Dedza. He/She will work closely with the project teams and be responsible for supporting the WHH team in planning, tools designing, activity and indicator tracking, documentation, data analysis, and reporting. Also, he/she will be working closely with the WHH country meal team, other field teams, NGO partners, and the WHH compliance department. He/She will support the Project Manager, Head of Project and project staff in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish of the project and provide technical support to the MEAL unit within the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Support the MEAL Manager in the development of a Monitoring and Evaluation system consistent with the Welthungerhilfe MEAL framework, as appropriate, and in accordance with specific donor requirements.
• Implement assigned projects accountability strategy including a Complaints Feedback and Response. Mechanisms (CFRM) in line with Welthungerhilfe's and international Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
• Oversee and ensure quality assurance of feedback and complaint mechanisms.
• Ensure that monitoring incorporates and consider aspects at output, process, context and outcome levels for assigned projects and that appropriate data collection and reporting tools are developed and used.
• Design, conduct and report on post implementation/ monitoring/end to end verification surveys as required.
• Support in close coordination with the Project Coordinator and Head of Project, preparation of donor reporting in a timely manner. This include provision of information derived from monitoring findings and data collected from the field staff to the senior senior MEAL Manager.
• Support the projects GIS based activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
• Proven experience of working in MEAL for a reputable aid organization for at least 3 years.
• At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring evaluation, program management, baseline / endline / Knowledge Attitude and Practices (KAP) survey design and results interpretation.
• Proven experience in knowledge management of emergency response projects.
• Excellent writing and organizational skills and experience preparing well-researched reports;
• Proficiency in database management and data analysis.
• Good knowledge of Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies and its application in a MEAL context.
• Good knowledge of digital MEAL tools.
• Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English and Chichewa. Knowledge of other languages spoken in Malawi is an asset.
• Willingness to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
• Adherence to the WHH Code of Conduct.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 13, 2022.
Link is here: https://bit.ly/3Q2Lx4J
Your contact person is Emily Mokiwa. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.