Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a UK based International humanitarian and development organization working in 35 countries. Islamic Relief Malawi is looking for competent candidates to fill the following position;
UPG Project Coordinator / Officer (1 post) [Blantyre based] – Re-advertised
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Provide technical support and mentoring to Ultra-Poor Graduation (UPG) project staff.
• Support targeting and verify selection of UPG participating HHs. Supervise and mentor UPG Facilitators so that they can perform their duties effectively. Develop training curriculum and train UPG Facilitators on the Graduation project objectives, implementation process, and expected outcomes. Identify basic services including health, education, safety nets, and community groups
• Oversee Graduation interventions to ensure effective planning, timely implementation, quality reporting and documentation. Oversee participant performance through household spot checks
• Regularly review monitoring data to ensure project implementation activities and participants’ progress are on track. Liaise regularly with government authorities, project field level staff and senior management about project progress, challenges, learning and decisions.
Qualification & Experience;
• University Degree in Business Administration, Rural / Gender & Development and/or Social Sciences
• Four (4) years’ INGOs/UN agencies’ experience on economic empowerment, social & financial inclusion (e.g. saving & loans, microfinance) as well as family business planning and monitoring.
Interested qualified applicants are requested to mail their applications [CV (maximum 5 pages) along with one-page cover (motivation) letter:]
Please mention title of the position applied for and your name in the subject of your application as: “position title – applicant’s name” and send it to email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for written test and/or interview.
Islamic Relief Malawi is an equal opportunity employer