NITEL, Malawi’s premier integrated technology services company has the following exciting Job opportunity for first-rate Individual in its Systems Administration Division In Blantyre.
Position: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation. and maintenance of systems’ hardware and software plus related Infrastructure for NITEL and its customers in order to provide the expected availability of the applications.
Reporting to the Systems Administration Manager, the Systems Administrator shall be responsible for all daily operations of applications, systems and server environment for smooth operations and support of mission-critical systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that mission-critical servers are operational and available at both Primary and Disaster Recovery Sites.
• Manage availability of hosted customer mission-critical applications on including running programs for cluster health and status checks as well as hardware integrity
• Monitor customer systems interfaces and integration bus
• Oversee first level customer support services for hosted customer systems
• Manage compliance to Service Level Agreement deliverables for hosted customer systems
• Provide support services for VPN certificates, Control Authority and Access Control Lists
• Provide database administration and maintenance on both Windows and Linux platforms
• Manage application Installation and support services for Windows, Linux and Unix systems
• Perform backups and conduct restoration tests In line with NITEL’s Procedures and Policies.
• Maintain scripts for managing movement of files between various systems including backup and test environments
• Prepare reports for Management and key Stakeholders on system performance and recommended improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited university
• 2 Years’ experience in a high-availability systems dependent environment
• First rate knowledge of with Internet (DNS, proxy, email setup and administration), VMware and Sage Management
• Provable competences in working with and on different hardware and software infrastructures and platforms principally Windows and Linux
• First rate server hardware and software skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electrical Engineering.
Certification in Unix/Linux and Microsoft
Certification in Virtualization and/or VMware
Linux server Administration,
SQL server administration and Windows server administration
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience In management of enterprise systems
• Must have excellent management skills, with a logical and keenly analytical mind.
• Good communication, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact positively with team members, key internal and external stakeholders.
• Must be able to conduct Intrusion tests and provide necessary intrusion prevention mechanisms.
• Must have expertise In database management server administration
• Must have been exposed to Unix/ Linux platforms
• Must have skills In running cloud-based services and virtualized applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent infrastructure planning and problem-solving skills
• Client Management skills
Other Attributes forming added advantage Include:
Certifications in the following:
MCSE: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
Oracle Linux System Administrator (Oracle)
RHCE (Red Hat): Red Hat Certified Engineer
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send an application letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to the email address below not later than Wednesday March 24, 2021.