NITEL, Malawi’s premier integrated technology services company has the following exciting Job opportunity for first-rate Individual in its Systems Administration Division In Blantyre.
Position: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Systems Administration Manager embraces NITEL’s core business desire to assure high level of user experience for both internal and external customer groups who need to access applications and services offered by NITEL. The Systems Administration Manager assures the reliability and sustainability of NITEL’s service infrastructure as well compliance with internal policies. The System Administration Manager facilitates the realisation of NITEL business goals, objectives and strategies within the Section through being responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software plus related infrastructure for NITEL and its customers in order to provide the expected availability of the applications. NITEL’s business, product development and operations’teams rely on the guidance of the Systems Administrator for infrastructure designing and provisioning in line with best industrial practices and structured frameworks. The Systems Administration Manager therefore has direct impact in keeping the business productive, resilient, reliable and scalable. The Systems Administration Manager reports to the Head of Technical Services.
• To assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology
• Maintenance of data centres environmental and monitoring equipment
• Ensure that the company has an up-to-date redundancy service plan for its Systems
• Management the ISP services to NITEL staff Manages Domain Name Servers, Email server, Proxy and other application servers for internal use Administers the ICT policy and procedures for all systems
• Managing inventory of key hardware items and ensuring minimum re-order levels are met for consumables
• Manage NITEL’s enterprise applications
• Provisioning and designing server infrastructure for hosting services both on-cloud and on-premise
• Participate in internal and external ICT audits.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Identify approaches that leverage the resources and provide economies of scale.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards as outlined in different frameworks e.g. COBIT, ISO, ITU, ML.
• Facilitate the development and leadership of a first-rate team of professional Systems Administrators to assure the competitiveness and delivery of first-rate services
• Maintain collaborative infrastructure contracts with other telecommunications services operators to leverage the company’s infrastructure reach
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) with key technology partners and uphold compliance to service thresholds
• Assure first-rate customer user experience (UXE) by upholding NITEL service availability with clients to pre-agreed service thresholds as defined in SLAs with clients
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Schedules and performs preventative maintenance of infrastructure
• Manages the Disaster Recovery Plan for all Systems
• Conducts DR testing and certification for all mission critical systems
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions and hence closing of all open ports.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/information Technology/Electrical Engineering.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or lCT
Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix/Linux and Microsoft
Certification in Virtualization and/or VMware
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in management of enterprise systems
• Must have excellent management skills, with a logical and keenly analytical mind.
• Good communication, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact positively with team members, key internal and external stakeholders.
• Must be able to conduct intrusion tests and provide necessary intrusion prevention mechanisms.
• Must have expertise in database management, server administration
• Must have been exposed to Unix/ Linux platforms
• Must have skills in running cloud-based services and virtualized applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent infrastructure planning and problem-solving skills
• Client Management skills
Other Attributes forming added advantage include:
• Exposure and knowledge of the following Audit Command Language (ACL), X-layer platform, Nintex,
• Knowledge and skills in TIBCO workflows
• Certifications in the following:
• MCSE: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert.
• Oracle Linux System Administrator (Oracle)
• RHCE (Red Hat): Red Hat Certified Engineer
• CompTIA Server+
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send an application letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to the email address below not later than Wednesday March 24, 2021.