Luke International (LIN) is an independent non-governmental organization that has been working with the Government of the Republic of Malawi (GoM) in HIV and AIDS, TB and related health issues in the health sector to improve health information systems since 2009. LIN’s mission is to promote activities that increase local human capacity and technical competence for providing HIV and AIDS care and support to people living with HIV (PLWH) in Malawi. LIN is collaborating with the Ministry of Health implementing the Kuunika “Data for Action” Project which is funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and is within the Directorate of Planning and Policy Development (DPPD).
Applications are invited from eligible and qualified individuals to fill the following position
Position Title : Product Manager (Quote Ref #: KPM1)
Job Location : Kuunika Offices, Lilongwe
Reports to : Project Management Team Leads
Team : Software Developers and Deployment and Support Officers
Overview of the Position
The Product Manager is responsible for all phases of the Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC), for all informatics products, starting from establishing a business need and developing a business case for an informatics intervention, to completion of pilot testing and evaluation, finally packaging the product in preparation for wider deployment. The Product Manager shall work in close collaboration with the Senior Project Office and other Product Managers to ensure that systems development and implementation standards are followed and to ensure that health informatics interventions reflect public health needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead in understanding and documenting the business need for all proposed health informatics projects.
• Conceptualize informatics interventions in line with the principles of the fundamental theorem of medical informatics to address the business need.
• Work closely with knowledge translation team to ensure informatics interventions respond to data use requirements.
• Lead in developing a business case for the proposed informatics intervention.
• Determine the scope of present and future products by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Lead in developing requirements in line with the principles of contextual inquiry or other user centered design approaches.
• Define resource requirements by scheduling and assigning product teams and following up on work results.
• Coordinate with the software development team and all the relevant departments in building and testing the informatics intervention.
• Participate in system testing with users and stakeholders
• Lead in developing the framework for the pilot implementation of informatics intervention.
• Lead in collaborating with the Monitoring and Evaluation team in developing a framework for baseline and post implementation review and impact evaluation for each new project to inform roll-out strategies.
• Manage tracking of all projects in development in line with the different stages of the development lifecycle.
• Conduct regular meetings with the Deployment and Support Officers 1) disseminate updates on products, 2) identify synergies between products and, 3) discuss potential new products.
• Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product(s) and are designing great features for the end users
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
• Perform periodic reviews of products that have been deployed in the field to ensure that they continue to satisfy user requirements and that they users are compliant with set standard operating.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics or related field.
• At least 3 years of work experience in IT project management in the health domain.
• 2 years in a leadership position with demonstrated experience in administration and financial planning.
• Demonstrated knowledge in Medical Informatics and experience designing.
Skills and Competencies
• Implementing and evaluating informatics solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of contextual inquiry or user centered design.
• Able to multi-task,be independent, well-organized, mature and able to work undertime-pressure.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills as well as skills in supporting clients.
• Demonstrate good stakeholder management skills
• Good coordination and communication skills
• Willingness to work long hours in order to achieve results
• Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chichewa languages.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as one attachment,and three traceable referees. Please clearly quote the reference number on the application letter, envelope and e-mail subject line
Applications should be received not later than 2nd February, 2021 to the address given below
P.O. Box 1088
Plot number KA/39
Katoto 2, MZUZU
E- mail: info.malawi@lukeinternational.