Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Position: Procurement/Logistics Assistant*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of six months. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Dedza, Malawi. The position is paid according to paygrade.
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager, assist and support the Project Team in Dedza in all the procurements, logistics and documentation of services including processing bid documents and preparing tender documents
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, Logistics Assistant at Country Office regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
- Support procurement processes including requesting bids, preparing bids analyses, purchase orders, receiving reports and requests for payments.
- Verify the Supply Purchase Requests submitted to Logistics department for completeness regarding needful signatures, and the final authorization.
- Inspection of received goods or services compliance with ordered specifications and quality, including visits to programs activities sites for verifications and quality control of ordered/delivered goods and services.
- Identify vendors and participate in evaluation of them against performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Also taking into consideration the value BEST VALUE for money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after sales services, and the company profile / reputation.
- Stock management and compilation of stock reports.
- Management of fleet (vehicles allocation, fuel management, fleet service and repairs as well as production of fleet reports).
- Maintenance of office and personal assets inventory.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Support local market research for procurement of goods or services requested by programs as well as for office premises and equipment maintenance.
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply chain management, Business Management or equivalent
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in Logistics/Procurements.
- Should be registered member of Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good team-worker; able to live and work closely with a small team with minimum direct supervision.
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.