Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Position: Partnership Specialist*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of 9 months. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Lilongwe, Malawi. The position is paid according to paygrade.
The Partnership Specialist, under the supervision of the Head of Programmes, supports Welthungerhilfe (“WHH”) Malawi in delivering its strategic goal towards a partnership approach that empowers national and local civil society organizations to implement FNS & WASH programmes that foster sustainable development.
Duties with own area of responsibility
- Responsible for partner due diligence
- Responsible for partner contracting incl. onboarding of partners to ensure compliance with partnership contracts and donor requirements
- Ensures compliance with WHH's quality standards applicable to partner work
- Responsible for capacity development measures of partners (capacity gap assessment, capacity development plan development and implementation) incl. providing training and organizing external capacity support
- Develops and implements performance and progress monitoring for partner work within WHH Malawi in collaboration with MEAL Manager and project teams
- Monitors progress on capacity development plans and organizational development of partners
- Identifies new tools and suitable approaches for capacity development for different civil society organizations incl. digital collaboration tools
- Supports project teams in their daily work with partners and offer capacity development support for WHH staff in relation to partner work
Duties without own area of responsibility
- Support strategic development of WHH Malawi partnerships framework
- Support identification of new partners and/or advise on opportunities to continue working with existing partners
- Support assessment of (pre-select) new project ideas by partners on the basis of the country programme and intervention strategy as well as the concept papers and orientation framework and set standards
- Support participatory proposal development process that is jointly done with partners
- Support building strategic and/or thematic partnerships outside of project implementation
- Network and exchange with civil society networks and INGOs on partnerships and civil society support in Malawi
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Politics, Development Cooperation or Business Administration.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in capacity development for Malawi NGOs, farmers organizations and CBOs.
- An understanding of the civil society landscape in Malawi incl. strengths and weaknesses of organization.
- Experience in design of capacity development plans and capacity development tools for organizational development.
- Experience and proven capacity in organizational development.
- Experience of representation and ability to represent WHH effectively in external forums.
- Good participatory facilitation skills – workshop/meeting settings as well as online facilitation.
- Knowledge in participatory adult learning methodology is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and in team settings.
- Excellent time management and organizing skills.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.