Zomba District Council with support from the American people through US Agency for International Development (USAID), will over the course of three years, implement critical health and social welfare activities at the district level and contribute to the improvement of HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health (MCH), Family Planning (FP), Nutrition and Social Welfare service delivery in Zomba district. To achieve the intended objectives of the government to government agreement, Zomba District
Council intends to hire additional Health Care and Support Staff workers.
The Council therefore invites suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following vacant position existing in Zomba:-
Post : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – (Grade I)
Salary: Within Grade I salary scale segment
Age Limit : Not older than 40 years
Applicants must be non-serving officers in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science majoring in Economics, Mathematics, Demographic, Statistics or Agricultural Economics obtained1 from an accredited institution.
• Designing, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation research and learning framework for the project.
• Developing a systematic monitoring framework to improve qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the project.
• Assist in development and finalization of the project work plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Support project progress, reporting, project midterm review and final evaluation.
• Produce reports on M & E and prepare presentations based on data as required.
• Maintain and manage the council’s data bank.
• Prepare project reports.
• Prepare quarterly, semi-annual output-based reports.
• Serve as secretary to the Council’s District Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination Committee (DMECC).
• Proficiency in using computer (database, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project planning, email, graphics, SPSS etc.) is a must.
Requirements for Application
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications together with photocopies of relevant certificates
(academic certificate(s), professional registration certificate(s) or evidence of payment for registration; valid practicing license for health care practitioners), a National ID and Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O Box 766,
Applications should be labeled on the envelop the position being applied for.
All Applications to reach the Executive Secretary not later than close of business Friday, 5th February, 2021