Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD) is a local Non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was founded in 2002 and registered in 2004 under the Trustees Incorporation Act. CICOD exists to empower the poor, vulnerable and marginalized communities to improve livelihood security, education, water and sanitation and environmental management through advocating for enabling policies, service delivery, capacity building and community organization initiatives using rights based programming in an integrated manner.
CICOD is currently working in partnership with several cooperating partners, stakeholders and communities both in Malawi and abroad. The growth of its profile has necessitated this position which will be based at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
Personal attributes, qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Business Administration with a minimum of 7 years of experience in secretarial related work, self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision Mature aged 35 above Reporting to the Executive Director,
• Updating Asset register
• Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
• Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager/executive
• Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
• Organising events and conferences
• Reminding the Executive Director of important tasks and deadlines
• Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
• Managing databases and filing systems
• Support members of senior management committee where necessary
• Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
• Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
• Support in administrative works eg filing.
How to Apply;
Interested persons who meet the required qualifications should submit their application along with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three names of traceable referees and a covering letter to:
The Executive Director,
Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD)
P.O. Box 20355
They can also deliver their applications by hand at Area 49, New Gulliver, CICOD House, Off Kaunda Road.
Closing date for receipt of Applications is 19th February, 2021