Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant positions of Adjunct / part-time Lecturers tenable at Exploits University- Lilongwe and Blantyre Campuses.
Department of business Administration
I. Lecturer in Business Administration
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree with Credit/Distinction plus a Master’s Degree or PhD in Business Administration or its equivalent obtained from a reputable university. Those with university lecturing experience will have an added advantage.
All candidates will report to their respective Head of Departments.
In general, Lecturers and Associate Lecturers in Institutions of Higher Learning are employed to undertake teaching, research and administrative duties within a specialist subject area. At Exploits University, the following is a detailed Job Description for Lecturers and Associate Lecturers on full time and part time employment.
• Interviewing course applicants
• Lecture/lesson planning, preparation and research
• Contact and teaching time with students
• Checking and assessing students’ work
• Encouraging personal development via tutorial or pastoral work
• Invigilating examinations
• Attending staff meetings
• General administration
• Writing research proposals, papers and other publications
• Reading academic journals
• Supervising research projects.
• Managing research budgets
• Attending and speaking at conferences and seminars
• Preparing bids for funding for departmental research project
The requirement to publish research work and general commitment to the job commonly results in lecturers working long hours, including evenings and weekends. An excellent teaching and research record is generally necessary for career progression as there is strong competition for senior positions.
Method of Application;
Interested candidates should submit their applications electronically and these should include: a motivation letter, certified copies of relevant qualifications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to the following address;
The University Registrar,
P.O. Box 31507,
The closing date for applications is 31st January, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Late applications will not be considered.