Zomba District Council with support from the American people through US Agency for International Development (USAID), will over the course of three years, implement critical health and social welfare activities at the district level and contribute to the improvement of HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health (MCH), Family Planning (FP), Nutrition and Social Welfare service delivery in Zomba district. To achieve the intended objectives of the government to government agreement, Zomba District Council intends to hire additional Health Care and Support Staff workers.
Post: Internal Auditor (Grade I)
SALARY: Within Grade I salary scale segment
Age Limit : Not older than 40 years
Applicants must be non-serving officers in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing or Bachelor of Accountancy from an accredited institution.
The incumbent will work in a challenging environment hence excellent knowledge of accounting/ financial principles, practices and regulations is essential.
1. Manage the internal audit function.
2. Develop audit methodology and risk management processes.
3. Carry out inspections of Council property.
4. Carry out special audit assignments.
5. Ensure the Council is adhering to rules, regulations in executing its functions.
6. Advise Council on internal controls and ensure that internal controls are working as designed.
7. Supervise junior staff in the Internal Audit Section
Requirements for Application
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications together with photocopies of relevant certificates (academic certificate(s), professional registration certificate(s) or evidence of payment for registration; valid practising license for health care practitioners), a National ID and Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O Box 766,
Applications should be labelled on the envelope the position being applied for. All Applications to reach the Executive Secretary not later than close of business Friday, 5th February, 2021