Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the following vacant post existing in the Parliamentary Service.
Vacancy Number : PSC/3/4/20
Post : Financial Controller
Grade : E/P4
Responsible to : Deputy Clerk of Parliament (Corporate Services)
Purpose of the Job To provide leadership in the efficient and effective management of accounting and financial systems and procedures.
• Plans, directs and controls accounting activities and financial resources of the National Assembly;
• Establishes, monitors and evaluate development accounting systems in all project implementation units;
• Liaises with Treasury on both recurrent and development budgetary issues. and ensuring that all disbursement/ reimbursement claims are properly submitted and settled;
• Overseeing the preparation of the Financial Statements and production of management accounts;
• Coordinates the consolidation and implementing annual budgets;
• Analyses and interprets financial reports statements treasury desk instructions and other financial guide lines and procedures;
• Ensures periodic evaluation and updating of financial system;
• Controls and monitors expenditure patterns;
• Advising management on accounting regulations and procedures;
• Provides professional advice for authorization of payments;
• Facilitates building capacity and management of staff in the Finance Division.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience ;
A Master’s degree in Accountancy or Finance plus professional qualification (ACCA, CPA and CIMA) plus a minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in finance management work at job grade F/P5 or at management position.
METHOD OF APPLICATION;
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, copies of certified Educational and Professional Certificates not later than 27th January, 2021 to:
The Secretary Parliamentary Service Commission,
Private Bag B362,