Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Position: Field Officer*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of six months. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Mangochi, Malawi. The position is paid according to paygrade.
The goal of the project is to support communities in order to inform communities about Covid-19 and to improve health and nutrition. In addition, the project seeks to train and monitor health clubs. The project works closely together with District Health staff.
- Work closely together with the Mangochi Health staff and project staff
- Organize meetings and trainings for District Health staff and communities
- Set up of groups (Community Health Clubs) and provide relevant trainings;
- Collaboration with partner and other organizations and line ministries in the district;
- Coordinating and monitoring of field activities being implemented in the jurisdiction areas;
- Conduct any other lawful activities as assigned.
- Follow-up of Health and Nutrition training implemented and covid19 measures
- A University degree in Health and Nutrition
- Experience in extension work (e.g. fieldwork with communities, Covid19, health, and nutrition)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Progressive experience in nutrition, hygiene and sanitation intervention at community levels using participatory approaches. Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chichewa, Yao is an advantage
- Proficient in computer, email, Microsoft word and excel.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work and communicate well in a team
- Have knowledge of or desire to learn
- Experience with participatory data collection and analysis approaches
- Good facilitation skills
- Good community mobilization skills
- Good reporting skills
- A team player
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and have a Valid Drivers’Licence
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.