The Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Authority (the ‘PPDA’ or ‘Authority’) is a statutory corporation created under
s. 4 of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2017 (‘the Act’) with the responsibility of regulating, monitoring and overseeing public procurement and disposal of assets in Malawi.
The PPDA is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill various vacant positions tenable
at the Authority as follows:
Job Title: Director of Regulatory Review, Monitoring and Compliance (Grade PPDA 3)
Contract Term: 3 years
Reporting to: Director General
Department: Regulatory, Review, Monitoring and Compliance
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Director of Regulatory Review, Monitoring and Compliance shall be responsible for planning, delivery and coordination
of public procurement monitoring and compliance policies, regulations and desk instructions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Co-ordinate the development, execution and management of all regulatory review, monitoring, compliance and
enforcement plans and programs;
• Develop policies, strategies, and regulations for PPDA’s monitoring and compliance function;
• Review and guide assessment of monitoring and compliance reports, to ensure quality control and maintenance of
• Manage and co-ordinate contract risk management practices;
• Co-ordinate the formulation, development, maintenance and update or draft amendments to legislation and all related
documents and providing legal advice and interpretation of each submission for prior review;
• Process, maintain and update list of de-barred Bidders and Suppliers;
• Maintain a panel of nominated Standard Review Committee members; and
• Prepare periodic reports.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in either Procurement, Purchasing and Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or Law;
• Postgraduate degree in any of the above fields;
• A minimum of seven years’ experience at senior management level; and
• Membership of a relevant professional body.
• Good knowledge of Malawi Government’s public procurement and disposal regulation environment;
• Thorough knowledge of audit and compliance procedures and guidelines;
• Expert understanding of contract law, fair trading, access to information and other relevant legislation;
• Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
• Strong strategic management, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills; and
• Strong organisational skills, versatility, ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
The positions attract a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION;
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications together with, copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three traceable referee to:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
Capital Hill, New Building Ground Floor
P.O. Box 30061
Closing date for submission is 12th February, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews