The Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) Limited is incorporated under the Companies Act of the Laws of Malawi. Its core business is to procure, transmit and distribute electric power in Malawi. ESCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position currently existing within the Corporation:
Director of Human Resources and Adminstration
This is a challenging position requiring a professionally qualified and experienced executive who is visionary and dynamic
Key responsibilities for the position;
• Directing and guiding the Human Resource and Administration Division in the preparation of inputs to the Corporation strategic business plan and ensuring the submissions address the requirements of the Corporation`s mission and objectives.
• Represent the Human Resource and Administration Division in the Corporation`s strategic planning process.
• For each department of the Human Resource and Administration Division, ensure action plan is derived from the Corporation`s business plan, the material resources, and ,in liaison with other division heads, human and financial resources are available in the short and long term for smooth implementation of such plans.
• Ensuring timely preparation of the revenue and capital budgets to facilitate translating into action the requirements in the Corporate Strategic Plans.
• Guiding the Human Resource and Administration Division in policy and efficiency in line with the Corporation’s set goals.
• Leading company change strategies and programmes.
• Developing and maintaining Human Resources strategies along with related key HR objectives and monitor delivery in a key performance indicator environment.
• Developing an employee centered organization culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, team building, high performance and quality, Identifying, evaluating and resolving human relations, employee morale, work performance and organizational productivity concerns.
• Strategic analysis of Corporation’s manpower needs now and into the future and developing manpower plans to achieve strategy.
• Developing employee information and records using the most up to date and effective systems available.
• Ensuring the creation and maintenance of a recruitment structures to acquire and retain top quality employees for the Corporation.
• Ensuring the creation and delivery of organizational training and development programmes.
• Managing the Corporation’s performance management system to its full planned potential.
• Designing and developing the Corporation’s compensation and reward plans and leading the company negotiations when required.
• Developing and maintaining good working relations with ESCOM Staff Union.
• Managing company staff welfare, health and support services policies.
• Creating systematic and timely employee communications structure.
• Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Qualification and experience;