Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian nationality to fill the vacant post of Director of Human Resource and Administration of Blantyre Water Board.
Blantyre Water Board is a Government owned parastatal established by the Water Works Act, Chapter 72.01 of the Laws of Malawi, to supply potable water and provide water borne sanitation services to its designated statutory water areas covering Blantyre, Limbe and surrounding areas.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Director of Human Resource and Administration (DHRA) is primarily responsible for all Human Resource, Corporate Management policies and strategies/plans for the Board and the implementation and achievement of these strategies/plans.
1. Generally Supervises and Controls the Work of the Human Resource and Administration Sections by reviewing organization and Management structures, in consultation with the Chief Executive and Departmental Heads; and establishing adequate staffing levels by:
2. Ensuring Organization Due Process and personnel Welfare by:
3. Secretarial Services to the Board of Directors
4. To provide an efficient office and secretarial service and estate management
5. To provide an efficient and cost effective fleet service
6. To safeguard Board’s property and coordination of security
7. Dealing with Board’s insurances including medical insurance and workers’ compensation
8. To report to the Chief Executive on progress and problems.
9. To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND GENERAL WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The successful candidate shall be offered a negotiable performance related contract for a period of three (3) years, with an attractive salary, benefits and gratuity packages commensurate with seniority of the position and qualifications of the candidate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications giving details Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees no later than 23rd August 2021 to:
Department of Statutory Corporations
P.O. Box 30061