The Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Authority (the ‘PPDA’ or ‘Authority’) is a statutory corporation created under
s. 4 of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2017 (‘the Act’) with the responsibility of regulating, monitoring and overseeing public procurement and disposal of assets in Malawi.
The PPDA is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill various vacant positions tenable
at the Authority as follows:
Job Title: Director of Finance (Grade PPDA 3)
Contract Term: 3 years
Reporting to: Director General
The Director of Finance shall be responsible for the prudent management of the finances of the Authority, advising the Director General on financial matters, and ensure sound management of the cash flow to facilitate effective discharge of the operations of the PPDA.
Key Responsibilities and Duties;
• Provide leadership in the formulation of financial and accounting policies, systems and strategies;
• Ensure that sound accounting and internal control systems are being adhered to throughout the Authority;
• Oversee the preparation of financial statements and production of management accounts;
• Consolidate annual budgets and monitoring and controlling expenditure;
• Interpret and advise on financial policy, systems, regulations and procedures;
• Review and maintain sound financial management systems, rules, policies, regulations and procurement matters;
• Ensure proper working capital management;
• Coordinate the preparation and execution of annual audits in liaison with internal and external auditors; and
• Perform treasury management including management of the Authority’s Pension Fund.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in either; Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration;
• Full professional qualification with ACCA or CIMA;
• Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Strategic Management will be an added
• At least seven (7) years relevant post professional qualification experience at senior management level; and
• Must be a member of ICAM.
Requisite Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
• General management and negotiation skill;
• Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
• Strong analytical, communication, negotiating and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in terms of financial reporting;
• Ability and leadership skills for coaching and developing employees;
• Computer literacy especially in Application packages such as ACCPAC, SAGE etc
The positions attract a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with one’s qualifications and experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications together with, copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three traceable referee to:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
Capital Hill, New Building Ground Floor
P.O. Box 30061
Closing date for submission is 12th February, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews