Zomba District Council with support from the American people through US Agency for International Development (USAID), will over the course of three years, implement critical health and social welfare activities at the district level and contribute to the improvement of HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health (MCH), Family Planning (FP), Nutrition and Social Welfare service delivery in Zomba district. To achieve the intended objectives of the government to government agreement, Zomba District
Council intends to hire additional Health Care and Support Staff workers.
The Council therefore invites suitably qualified Malawians to fill the following vacant position existing in Zomba:-
POST : Clinical Officer (Grade I)
SALARY : Within Grade I salary scale segment
Age Limit : Not older than 40 years
Applicants must be non-serving officers in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine or Obstetrics and Gynecology obtained from an accredited institution and registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
• Diagnosing patients problems and prescribing treatment
• Ordering drugs and ensuring drugs are economically used and that dangerous drugs are properly recorded.
• Ensuring correct and complete recording of data in relevant HMIS registers and instruments.
• Ensuring timely processing of data and dissemination to all relevant stakeholders including timely submission of HMIS report to designated supervisor.
• Selecting patients for review by the Senior Medical Officer on his/her routine visits and send urgent cases for action.
• Organizing staff and deploying others to run Under-five clinics.
• Preparing work schedule and monthly returns of patients and staff.
• Supervision of staff under him/her in their routine daily work of cleaning wards on work place and giving drugs to patients as prescribed by him/her.
• Managing correspondence concerning staff, Council’s activities, circulars and related matters.
Requirements for Application;
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications together with photocopies of relevant certificates
(academic certificate(s), professional registration certificate(s) or evidence of payment for registration; valid practicing license for health care practitioners), a National ID and Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Executive Secretary
Local Government Service Commission
P.O Box 766,
Applications should be labeled on the envelop the position being applied for.
All Applications to reach the Executive Secretary not later than close of business Friday, 5th February, 2021