Job Opportunities have arisen at National Economic Empowerment Fund Ltd (NEEF) for core positions in the Executive Management as follows:-
Position: Chief Executive Officer
The position is tenable in Lilongwe and is available Immediately. Ideally the Board of Directors is seeking services of mature, ambitious, professional Malawian Nationals with passion for results and respect for ethics. In return, NEEF is offering a strong professional career growth, challenging work environment and a competitive salary package commensurate with the positions.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
He/she will be in charge of the overall management of NEEF, including providing clear leadership and direction to the organization, ensuring solid operating and financial performance, recruiting and developing the talent needed to accomplish high performance standards and overseeing new operational systems and procedures. He/she will have primary responsibility for achieving the ambitious growth strategy developed by the Board and for positioning the organization as a preferred provider of high-quality micro-financial services to the underserved. This will include assuming leadership in four key areas.
Overall Management and Governance
• Execute the policy decisions of the Board
• Manage the day-to-day operations of NEEF by providing clear leadership and guidance to all functions of the organization, including Finance, Operations, Human Resources and Administration, Audit and Compliance
• Cultivate a culture of cooperation, compliance, and high performance
• Drive organizational performance, both quantitative and qualitative
• Achieve business plan targets
• Ensure effective collaboration with all Malawi government agencies and the regulatory authorities.
• Uphold standards of risk management at all levels are ensure effective supervisory control and management reviews
• Sustain the institution’s social mission and its dedication to financial inclusion
Strategic Planning and Business Development
• Develop annual and longer term plans and budgets, incorporating input from the different departments for approval by the Board
• Oversee the implementation of budgets and strategic plans, including oversight of resource
• Set financial and operational performance targets for all key operating units
• Set employee performance standards required to achieve short and long term objectives and goals
• Lead NEEFs expansion and outreach into all constituencies in Malawi.
Human Resource and Talent Development
• Build a strong and effective senior management team.
• Establish an effective and competent participatory management style.
• Implement performance management system for senior management team.
• Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective human resources policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development.
• Motivate all staff and ensure that staff is dedicated to the mission of NEEF
• Mentor and coach senior management.
• Development and implement an effective succession plan throughout the organization
Communications and External Stakeholder Relations
Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and competencies.
Method of Application
Interested candidates must submit their applications indicating on the envelope the position being applied for not later than 18th June 2021. The application must comprise of the following:
– The Application Letter.
– Up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae.
– 3 traceable referees with their current mobile phones.
– Scanned copies of certificates.
The application should be sent to:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O Box 30061
Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged